Spiritual Care Services
Seven Oaks provides holistic Spiritual Care Services to support patients, families and friends of patients. Seven Oaks observes a multi-faith spiritual tradition that respects and facilitates access for all faiths and religions.
Being in hospital with a serious injury or illness can be a difficult time for patients and the people who love and care for them. Seven Oaks Spiritual Care services include listening to your experiences, concerns and worries, providing spiritual direction, providing support for bereavement, and prayer.
Spiritual Care staff are on site from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. For urgent matters that arise after hours, Spiritual Care is available through our call-back system at all times of the day or night. Please check with your nurse or other unit staff if you wish support from Spiritual Care or would like to attend one of our On-site religious services:
- Roman Catholic mass 2nd and 4th Wed. at 2:40, meeting room on level 1
- Seasonal Christian, Aboriginal, Annual Memorial, Jewish High Holiday and other services as advertised
- 7th Day Adventist 1st Sunday mornings (call to confirm)
- Arranging volunteers to transport patients to services
- All services are advertised on the public elevators
- The Sanctuary is open to persons of all faiths for prayer and meditation
Connecting with your faith tradition
In addition to providing direct spiritual care and counseling, our Spiritual Care staff may be of assistance in helping you to connect with representatives of your own religious tradition.
Our Spiritual Care Team
Our Spiritual Care team members are trained by the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care a national multi-faith organization which is committed to the professional education, certification and support of people involved in pastoral care and pastoral counselling.
- Spiritual Care Coordinator The Rev. Helen Holbrook’s office is by the Sanctuary located near the elevators on Level 2. She is available weekdays and serves the 5th floor, Psychiatry, Adult Day Program and Oncology.
- Spiritual Care Worker Bob Milks’ office is on Level 2 in Dialysis Unit 2. He serves Dialysis, ICU and Emergency 3 ½ days per week.
- Spiritual Care Worker Brenda Brand‘s office is on Level 3 in Unit 4. She serves the 3rd and 4th Floors and is available 3 ½ days per week.
To contact Seven Oaks Spiritual Care please call 632-3431.
Other Spiritual Care services
Spiritual Care provides training and assistance for NODA (No One Dies Alone) which is co-coordinated with Volunteer Services. Seven Oaks staff volunteer to sit with patients are dying and have no family or close friends to be with them at their time of passing.
Seven Oaks Spiritual Care will be training volunteers for palliative care visits. Watch for news about this new program.
Spiritual Care can arrange for complementary therapies such as Healing Touch and Reiki. Certified practitioners provide these services on a volunteer basis.