What to expect when you apply to become a Seven Oaks Hospital volunteer
|· Applying to volunteer is much like applying for a job. We take many factors into consideration before accepting volunteers to assist with SOGH programs. Because we take our responsibility for patients seriously, we screen all applicants thoroughly. Completing your application as thoroughly as possible will help us assess your suitability for volunteering in a health care environment.
· If you are under 18 years of age, you must complete the Volunteer Application Form which requires Parental/Guardian Consent. This application form can be found online or by calling our office at 204-632-3179.
|· Once our office receives your application, Volunteer Services may call you to arrange a date and time for an interview and will ask you to submit three (3) references at the time of the interview.
· The interview is one of our ways of finding out more about you and your interests.
· During the interview, feel free to ask any questions you may have about volunteering with SOGH.
· We will also discuss expectations of volunteers and the importance of confidentiality.
|· After your interview, Volunteer Services will contact your references.
· All volunteer applicants over the age of 18 will be asked for a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check & Child Abuse Registry Check.
|· If a successful match is made between your skills and abilities and an available position, SOGH Volunteer Services staff will offer you a volunteer position. If you decide to accept the offer, a start date will be determined.
· If you are a student getting credit hours for your volunteering, it is your responsibility to track your hours to ensure you are meeting your school’s hour requirements.
Training & Orientation
|· On your first day, a SOGH Volunteer Services staff person will provide you with a volunteer identification tag and uniform, as well as a general orientation to the facility. You will then receive specific training for your volunteer position.
· You are now ready to begin volunteering!