Getting to Seven Oaks Hospital
Seven Oaks General Hospital is at 2300 McPhillips Street. Emergency and Main entrances are off Leila Avenue. Winnipeg Transit buses #17 and #77 stop in front of the hospital on Leila, the #71 stops on McPhillips and Court behind the hospital and the #18 stops on McPhillips at Leila. Call Winnipeg Transit at 986-5700 or visit www.winnipegtransit.com for routes and times.
Before you come to the Hospital
Manitoba Health Card
Proof of additional insurance coverage, such as Blue Cross for enhanced hospital accommodations
Workers Compensation Board (WCB) claim number (if you have one)
Social Insurance Number
Personal documents such as Care Directives and Public Trustee
Calling card for long distance calls
List of prescription medications that you are taking Additional Personal Items:
Slippers, pajamas and robe
Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shaver, brush, shampoo, etc)
Medical devices, such as dentures and hearing aids
Please leave all of your valuables at home.
The hospital is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. We recommend that you send any valuable items home with a friend or family member. Please have items such as dentures, eye glasses and hearing aids in a suitable case with your name on it. Items like these, when wrapped in tissue can be easily mistaken for garbage and get lost.
Please note that small electronics for personal use must be battery powered as electrical outlets are for hospital equipment only. These devices must be equipped with ear phones so that other patients are not disturbed.
Arriving at the hospital
If you are being dropped off or picked up for Day Surgery, you can use the Leila front entrance and your driver can park in the front parking lot, or you can use the east (McPhillips Street) Entrance just north of Emergency. There are two short term parking spaces reserved for Surgery Drop-off across from that entrance. If you are coming to Emergency please see the Emergency Department Guide.
- Visitor parking is available in front of the Leila Avenue Main entrance to the hospital and in the lower lot at the McPhillips Street (east) end of the hospital. Remember your license plate number and pay using the machines inside the hospital (main entrance and east/McPhillips St. entrance) The cost is $2.50 for an hour or $8 for the entire day. Please note the machines won’t take bills but they do take coins and credit cards. Dialysis and Oncology Parking is reserved for patients of those services.
- Parking fees are used to pay for maintenance of parking lots, to ensure parking availability and to support facility and service improvements not funded by provincial healthcare funding.
Push chairs called Staxis for helping patients and/or visitors to get around are available for a 1$ coin deposit at entrances
If you need directions once inside the hospital, please stop at the Information Services desk inside the main entrance, look for Volunteer Ambassadors wearing a red vest or ask any Seven Oaks staff person (wearing an ID badge).
- Visiting hours are 11:00 am to 8:30 pm in most cases. Please see your nurse for special situations
- Two visitors per patient are allowed at any one time in the general patient areas.
- Children may visit only when accompanied by an adult
The Information Services booth near the main entrance is staffed from 7 am to approximately 11:30 pm if you have general questions. You can also dial zero from patient telephones or call 632-7133 from outside the hospital 24 hours. General email inquiries are welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org which is monitored weekdays during business hours.